|Life is good when....|
|A House in the Country|
|Some Time With You|
|in a Village|
|Mugs, Prints & Gifts|
1979 Born Cork, Ireland
• 1998-2002 Dublin Institute of Technology, BA (Hons) Fine Art.
• 2003-2006 Dublin Institute of Technology MPhil.
• 2005-2006 University College Cork, Curatorial Fellowship.
• 2004 Permanent Installation and Sculpture Commission Dublin Zoological Gardens.
• 2009 AIR Krems Artist in Residence Austria.
• 2009 Arts Council of Ireland Travel Grant.
• 2007 Arts Council of Ireland Travel Grant.
• 2001 AIR Mayo County Council, Ireland.
• 2001 Short listed for Kerry Education Council Public Art Commission.
• 2009 In A Village Robert Phillips Gallery, Surrey, UK
• 2008 What to Look for in Summer Custom House Studios, Ireland.
• 2007 Stories of Displacement Galway Arts Centre, Market House Arts Centre and University of Bradford.
• 2002 Res Familiares Natural History Museum, Dublin.
Fairs: Since 2009 I have shown with the Fairfax Gallery who take my work to many art fairs in the UK. Since 2006 I have participated in the Small Publishers Fair, London Artists Book Fair and BABE Artists Book Fair, Bristol. I have an open house exhibition during East Sussex Open Studios in June and July.
Selected Group Exhibitions
• 2010 East Sussex Open, Towner Eastbourne.
• 2009 Closure Artworks MK Milton Keynes, Cut It Out The Otter Gallery Chichester, Southampton City Art Gallery and Maidstone Bentliff Art Gallery, Unfolding The Art Shop Abergavenney, Spring Show Fairfax Gallery Tunbridge Wells, Birds Bees and Butterflies Chapel Row Gallery Bath, Winter Show Fairfax Gallery, Artists Books Mermaid Arts Centre Ireland.
• 2008 Unfolding The Art Shop Abergavenny.
• 2007 On Reflection Stone Gallery Dublin, Going Places Robert Philips Gallery Surrey, Flora and fauna: Broekhuis Boekhandel and AKI Library Enschede The Netherlands.
• 2005 Iontas Sligo Art Gallery, Replica South Tipperary Arts Centre, Pin Form Gallery Cork.
• 2004 Pin Signal Arts Centre, Suicide of Objects Ulster Museum Belfast.
• 2003 One Place Twice Golden Thread Gallery Belfast, Revealing Objects Naughton Gallery Queens University Belfast.
• 2002 Shift Dublin Fringe Festival Ireland
• 2008 Feature Essay in Riverworks by Christine Mackey, Sligo Arts Council and Arts Council of Ireland.
• Artists Book Yearbook 2007 (and onwards)
• 2006 Feature Essay in Reflections on Gavin Murphy’s Sketches for a Light/Heavy Monument by www.mongrelfoundation.com Review of Richard Long Exhibition, Visual Arts Ireland Newsletter, Feature Essay in Towards a Large White Building Brendan Earley Exhibition Catalogue Temple Bar Galleries and Studios, Dublin.
• 2005 Review of Isabel Nolan CIRCA Arts Magazine, Review of Eurojets at the Royal Hibernian Academy CIRCA Arts Magazine,
• 2004 Review of Vavara Shavrova CIRCA Arts Magazine, Review of Mary Rose Binchy CIRCA Arts Magazine.
• 2003 Dust and Diversity Feature Essay in Dublin Fringe Festival Catalogue.
Catalogues and artist book publications
A House in the Country www.ignition.ie 2009, In a Village www.ignition.ie 2009
Some Time With You www.ignition.ie 2009, Birds www.ignition.ie 2007,
Butterflies www.ignition.ie 2006. All books are handmade in limited editions.
Artworks and Book Works in Public Collections
New Art Gallery Walsall and London College Communication
The Tate Gallery Library, Winchester School of Art, Edinburgh Central Library, Government Office of Public Works Ireland, Galway County Council, Centre for Fine Print Research Bristol, Dublin Institute of Technology, National College of Art and Design Ireland.